"United Methodists profess the historic Christian faith in God, incarnate in Jesus Christ for our salvation and ever at work in human history in the Holy Spirit. Living in a covenant of grace under the Lordship of Jesus Christ, we participate in the first fruits of God's coming reign and pray in hope for its full realization on earth as in heaven." (Book of Discipline p.101)
To encourage and nurture people in their spiritual journey in the context of the Christian faith, holding to the Wesleyan concept of the Bible, Tradition, Experience and Reason as sources for God's revelation; to serve God in the name of Christ, with compassion and understanding of people of all walks of life; to participate as members of the universal Church and to recognize all people everywhere as children of God.
- We believe that God is our Creator, a God of love and mercy.
- We believe that God is a living God, a God who is active in history.
- We believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that through him we may know God and have eternal life.
- We believe in the power of prayer.
- We believe that we are created to discover, to know, and to love God.